LIVE VIRTUAL Clinical Supervision
Skills for Developing Counsellors
Jul 13, 2021 (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central Time)
Price: $219.00 CAD (*early rate) $249.00 CAD (regular rate) + tax
*early rate expires June 22, 2021
This is a live virtual event using Zoom, an online meeting platform. Please check system requirements prior to registering.
Clinical supervision is a complex role that requires multiple skill-sets. In this role, the essential skills for supporting supervisees to develop in their clinical work are sometimes overlooked. This workshop focuses on the insights and tools that are necessary for supervisors to support other counsellors to grow in their ability to help others. The balance between supervision, administration, and performance evaluation will be discussed. Participants will also learn the tools for exploring complex issues such as ethics, culture, and power.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- Components of a Clinical Supervision Role
- The Elements of Supervision Process – Administrative, Educational, Supportive
- Supervision Style Assessment
- How to Adapt Your Style to Fit Supervisees
- Essential Supervisor Competencies
- Structure and Process of Supervision
- Learning and Supervision Contracts
- Ethics, Power, and Boundaries in Supervision
- Considering Steps for Diversity and Cultural Humility
- Facilitating Counsellor Development – Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
- Giving Administrative and Performance Feedback
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for existing or aspiring supervisors within the social service, health care, and education settings.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define the role of clinical supervision and the elements of a supervision process
- Identify one’s own style of supervision
- List essential supervisor competencies
- Plan steps for supporting supervisees for development of their helping skills
- Select steps for guiding supervisees through ethical dilemmas and cultural sensitivity
- Describe a process for delivering effective performance reviews and feedback
*Please allow only the registered individual(s) to view workshop materials.
About Our Workshops
More Training Options On This Topic
What our clients have to say…
Add this to your Calendar
Terms & Conditions
Registrations cancelled seven or more days prior to the workshop/live stream are refundable, minus a $50.00 administrative fee. Alternatively, you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than seven days prior to the workshop are non-refundable. If at any time you are unable to take part in the event, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person.
We reserve the right to cancel an event due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of workshop/live-stream fees only.
You Will Receive
Login details approximately 3-4 days prior to the event date, as well as a PDF e-manual, and a PDF workshop certificate.
Group Registration Instructions
To register a group for a workshop, choose the appropriate number you would like to register for the selected workshop, and fill in all the relevant information.
Concerns and Grievances
Special Accommodations for Disabilities
Continuing Education Credit
While many associations and licensing bodies accept CTRI workshops for continuing education credits, questions about approval should be directed to the specific association or licensing body for which you are requesting the credits. Credit hours: There are six continuing education credits earned for each day of training. For example, a one-day workshop earns six continuing education hours, while a two-day workshop earns 12 hours. A certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the workshop. See our Continuing Education Credits page for more information.
Filming and Photography
Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute reserves the right to film video content and take photography at our events. Some of our workshops will be live-streamed and filmed for participants not in attendance. Filming and photography may also be used for promotional materials. If you would like to know if we will be filming an event you are attending, please contact our office.