Live Stream: Trauma – Strategies for Resolving the Impact of Post-Traumatic Stress
About the trainer
Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Trauma is a wound that injures us emotionally, psychologically, physically, and spiritually. As a result, the impact of trauma can be far-reaching and enduring. This workshop provides an overview of the way trauma affects a person through the brain and nervous system. A framework which describes different stages in the process of regulating and resolving the impact of trauma is reviewed. Protective steps for enhancing helper wellbeing are also provided. Participants will learn key principles and strategies for working with trauma that apply to a diverse range of experiences and which can be applied to all ages.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- When is a Person Traumatized?
- Types of Trauma – Developmental, Shock, Relational, Intergenerational
- Definitions of Post-Traumatic Impact
- Trauma – Immediate Symptoms and Impact
- Longer Term Impacts of Trauma
- The Impact of Trauma on the Body and the Brain
- The Role of Memory in Trauma and Healing
- Strategies for Moving into Regulated States
- Tools for Emotion Regulation
- Helping Someone Who is Dissociating
- Treating Trauma Over Time
- Safety and Stabilization
- Separating the Past from the Present and Future
- Reconnection and Resilience
This is an intermediate level workshop for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, school personnel, and anyone working with people who have experienced trauma.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define trauma and understand the possible variations of potential impact
- Identify key assessment areas for individuals who have experienced traumatic events
- Describe the connection between traumatic experiences and post-traumatic stress symptoms
- Understand the role of the helper in supporting individuals
- Develop a treatment plan for supporting individuals who have experienced trauma
- Describe some key strategies and principles for working with people impacted by trauma
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.