Live Stream: The Ethics of Helping – Boundaries and Relationships
About the trainer
Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
It is very common for anyone working in the helping profession to encounter ethical dilemmas. Ethics are at the heart of competent and effective practice for anyone in the helping field. This workshop is designed to give individuals and organizations an opportunity to review common principles and standards for ethical practice that are relevant for their settings. Participants will practice using an ethical decision-making process to work through common areas of ethical concerns and leave with a stronger awareness of their own ethical base.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Boundaries and Ethics
- What’s Involved with Building Ethical Competence
- Common Principles in Helping Professions
- An Ethical Decision-Making Process
- Common Standards of Practice
- Confidentiality and Limits to Confidentiality
- Helper and Client Boundaries
- Cultural and Diversity Competence
- Ethical Technology
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, and school personnel.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define the concept of ethics and how it applies within the helping profession
- Describe the common values and principles that guide codes of ethics in helping professions
- Identify steps in a process for ethical decision-making
- Describe ethical considerations for boundaries and cultural competence in the workplace
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.