Live Stream: Dialectical Behaviour Therapy – Balancing Acceptance and Change
About the trainer
Kimberly Enns, MSW, RSW
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
People who struggle to regulate their intense emotional experiences often feel like they are at the mercy of reactive coping patterns. It can seem like these emotional storms hijack their behaviour, take control of their thinking, and hurt their relationships with other people and themselves. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) provides concepts and skills to help people have more choices, become more emotionally calm, and be more present in their lives. This workshop explores key concepts and useful skills such as tolerating distress, managing emotions, and enhancing interpersonal communication. Participants will discover which populations can benefit the most from DBT, and gain an understanding of concepts, strategies, and tools that can be applied to their work.
- The Components and Structure of DBT
- Who Tends to Respond Well to DBT
- Balancing Acceptance and Change in DBT
- How Change Occurs in DBT
- The Importance of Validation in DBT
- Strategies and Tools for Mindfulness
- Strategies and Tools for Managing Emotions
- Strategies and Tools for Improving Interpersonal Relationships
- Strategies and Tools for Tolerating Distress
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, and anyone wanting to gain an increased capacity in
their counselling skills.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify what dialectical behaviour therapy is, who it benefits, and how it is implemented
- Describe the dialectical approach
- Explain the importance of validation and practice using validation skills
- List change strategies in DBT
- Explain and implement skills from the four modules of DBT
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.