- This event has passed.
Live Stream: Depression – Practical Intervention Strategies
About the trainer
Tricia Klassen, MSW, RSW
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Depression is one of the most commonly experienced mental health concerns. The symptoms can become overwhelming, self-perpetuating, and lead to feelings of helplessness. Helpers may feel unsure of where to begin when supporting those who frequently feel depleted, helpless, and ashamed of their struggles. This workshop explores a holistic understanding of the causes, impact, and treatment of depression. A strengths-based approach is explored that considers the whole person, separate from the problem. Participants will learn practical skills for building motivation and setting realistic goals for supporting those living with depression.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Understanding the Nature of Depression
- Causes and Influences of Depression
- Concepts and Strategies for Intervention
- Working to Build Awareness
- The Importance of Routine
- Exploring Strengths and Resources
- Changing Patterns of Thinking Influenced by Depression
- Investigating and Highlighting Successes
- Habit Practice and Contrasting (Old Way, New Way)
- The Recovery Process from Depression
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, school personnel, and anyone working with those who struggle with depression.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the holistic effects of depression
- Use key questions to assess the impact of depression and to engage in supportive conversation
- List key internal and external factors that contribute to the experience of a depressed person
- Describe healthy dynamics and boundaries in the helper-client relationship
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.