Live Stream: Crisis Response Planning
About the trainer
Paul Carrick, MSW, RSW
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
To effectively respond to critical incidents (suicide, violence, etc.), schools, communities, and organizations need to plan ahead of time so they are prepared to respond to these unfortunate events. This training will focus on how to organize effectively and quickly at a time of high stress so that groups are better prepared to respond to the emotional needs of those affected by a critical incident. A key component of the training is the review of a Crisis Response Checklist, an important tool when managing the complexities of a critical incident. Participants will leave the workshop with a clear understanding of how to implement their own crisis response team and plan for their specific environment.
Please note: For the purpose of this workshop, “crisis response” refers to the steps that are made after a critical incident. This is not a threat assessment or emergency preparedness workshop.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Types of Critical Incidents
- Common Reactions After a Critical Incident
- Crisis Response Team and Plan Development
- Gathering Information: Intake
- Crisis Response Checklist
- Considerations for Those at Higher Risk
- Individual Debriefing
- Critical Incident Group Debriefing
- Considerations Around Memorials
- Evaluation and Debriefing
- Trigger Events and Anniversaries
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for school personnel, social service and health care professionals, social workers managers, human resource professionals, and anyone seeking a better understanding of ways to respond to tragic events.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand why crisis response planning is helpful
- Describe a framework for team and plan development
- Know how to organize an effective response after a critical incident
- Identify what types of responses are most appropriate for the situation
- Apply the principles learned to their own environment
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.