Live Stream: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Tools for Thinking Differently
Nov 14, 2018 (9 AM - 4 PM Central Time)
Price: $ 235.00 (regular rate)
Online Live Streaming
Trainer: Tricia Klassen, MSW, RSW
About the trainer
Tricia Klassen, MSW, RSW
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Many of the challenges that we experience are based on irrational and unhelpful thought patterns that impact both our feelings and our behaviour. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a time-sensitive, structured, and present-oriented form of counselling that focuses on problem solving and teaching individuals how to modify these distorted patterns of thinking. CBT is also one of the most well-known, researched, and practiced forms of therapy available to us. This workshop provides a strong foundational knowledge of the principles and strategies involved in using CBT. Participants will gain an understanding of which populations tend to benefit the most from CBT, and will be equipped with many strategies and tools that can be practically applied in their work.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- The Theory Behind CBT
- CBT Guiding Principles
- Who Tends to Respond Well to CBT
- Case Conceptualization and CBT
- How to Structure the Counselling Process
- Skills for Restructuring Cognitive Distortions
- Strategies and Tools for Thinking Differently
- Strategies and Tools for Behaving Differently
- The Role of “Homework” in CBT
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, and anyone wanting to gain increased capacity in counselling skills.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand the definition of CBT and how this model differs from other counselling frameworks
- Identify which problems are most conducive to CBT, and those that are less suitable for CBT
- Describe how to develop an effective therapeutic relationship
- Explain and implement a structured assessment and intervention process
- Assist clients to identify and challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs
- Practice key behavioural and problem-solving interventions
- Understand the challenges and limitations of using this model
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.