Live Stream: Clinical Supervision – Skills for Developing Counsellors
About the trainer
Vicki Enns, MMFT, RMFT
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Clinical supervision is a complex role that requires multiple skill-sets. In this role, the essential skills for supporting supervisees to develop in their clinical work are sometimes overlooked. This workshop focuses on the insights and tools that are necessary for supervisors to support other counsellors to grow in their ability to help others. The balance between supervision, administration, and performance evaluation will be discussed. Participants will also learn the tools for exploring complex issues such as ethics, culture, and power.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Components of a Clinical Supervision Role
- The Elements of Supervision Process – Administrative, Educational, Supportive
- Supervision Style Assessment
- How to Adapt Your Style to Fit Supervisees
- Essential Supervisor Competencies
- Structure and Process of Supervision
- Learning and Supervision Contracts
- Ethics, Power, and Boundaries in Supervision
- Considering Steps for Diversity and Cultural Humility
- Facilitating Counsellor Development – Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced
- Giving Administrative and Performance Feedback
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for existing or aspiring supervisors within the social service, health care, and education settings.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define the role of clinical supervision and the elements of a supervision process
- Identify one’s own style of supervision
- List essential supervisor competencies
- Plan steps for supporting supervisees for development of their helping skills
- Select steps for guiding supervisees through ethical dilemmas and cultural sensitivity
- Describe a process for delivering effective performance reviews and feedback
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.