Live Stream: Anxiety – Practical Intervention Strategies
About the trainer
Tricia Klassen, MSW, RSW
This is a live stream event, please check our system requirements prior to registering.
Anxiety represents our body’s natural alarm system, signalling the possibility of danger. When this response arises too frequently or intensely and doesn’t match actual situations of danger, it can interfere with life and cause great distress. While every person experiences anxiety, it is estimated that over a quarter of the population will experience anxiety at levels that cause distress in their lives. This workshop will explore when anxiety is adaptive and in order, compared to when it becomes disordered. Participants will learn practical and accessible strategies which can be applied to all ages, and help address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social aspects of anxiety.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Anxiety and its Natural Purpose
- The Nature of Stress, Fear, and Anxiety
- Understanding the Stress Response System
- Statistics: Prevalence and Trends
- Overview of Working with Anxiety
- Body-Oriented Anxiety Reduction Strategies
- Mind-Body Anxiety Reduction Strategies
- Cognitive-Behavioural Anxiety Reduction Strategies
- Working to Expand Social Skills
- Building a New Pattern: Steps Toward Change
This is an intermediate level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, school personnel, and anyone working with those who struggle with anxiety.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand the definition and role of anxiety
- Identify when anxiety is becoming more ‘disordered’
- Describe how anxiety manifests in the brain and nervous system
- Recognize signs of regulation
- Identify an integrated plan for treating anxiety
- Apply strategies for increasing regulation and reducing anxiety
What our clients have to say...
Add this to your Calendar
Registrations cancelled 7 or more days prior to the live event are refundable, minus a $20.00 administrative fee. Alternatively you may receive a credit to attend a future training. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your registration to another individual at no extra cost. In this case, please notify CTRI of the name of the alternate person who will be attending.
We reserve the right to cancel live events due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment. Liability is limited to a refund of live webinar fees only.
Event participants will receive login details and information about viewing the live event by email approximately 3 days prior to the date of the event.