This workshop presents a proactive approach for individuals and organizations seeking to understand and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. Going beyond basic definitions and policies, participants will gain a better understanding of what sexual harassment is, why it happens, and how to prevent it. In addressing the root causes of sexual harassment and encouraging awareness and openness, organizations will be better equipped to assist employees who experience harassment. Participants will leave the workshop with new insights and the tools required to discuss and develop procedures for dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace.
About This Workshop
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- What is NOT Sexual Harassment?
- Organizational Risk Factors
- Costs – Both Human and Financial
- Preventative Measures
- The Role of Leadership
- How to Encourage Employees to Report Harassment
- Ensuring Your Workplace Policy is Sufficient
Method of Delivery
Lecture, personal reflection, skill building, video and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify behaviours that do/don’t constitute as sexual harassment
- Understand the root causes of sexual harassment
- Identify risk factors that may exist in your organization
- Know what components to include in a workplace sexual harassment policy