The results of unhealthy and poorly managed conflict create a negative impact for individuals and groups. Those people who master essential conflict resolution skills reduce the occurrence of negative conflict, leading to healthier, happier relationships and work environments. Many conflicts would not spiral out of control if people used conflict resolution techniques that are easy to learn and utilize. This workshop explores the various dynamics of conflict, including its sources and how it often escalates in predictable patterns. Participants will learn skills for responding confidently and effectively to conflict.
This workshop is offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- How Conflict Escalates
- Dealing with Misunderstandings
- The Intention Check Tool
- Strategies for Dealing with Disagreements
- The Interest Check: Moving from Positions to Interest
- Conflict Resolution Style Preferences
- The Style Check Tool
- Key Skills for Conflict Resolution
- Trigger Phrases to Avoid
- Strategies for Staying Calm in Conflict
- The Four-Part Conflict Resolution Process
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand common roots of conflict and how it escalates so that they can address it at the appropriate level and time
- Use practice models for addressing conflict rooted in misunderstandings, disagreements, and different personal styles
- Effectively utilize the four-part framework for conducting positive conflict resolution conversations