In the absence of intentional coaching, employees often lack the support they need to develop and perform at their highest levels. Effective leaders are skilled at coaching the people they lead to inspire growth, change, and healthy work relationships. This workshop provides a leadership approach for coaching others effectively and provides tools that bring out the best in the people. Through the use of case studies, participants will learn a five-step coaching model for working with their employees to enable changes in behaviour, promote skill development, and resolve conflict.
This workshop is offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- Coaching in the Context of Leadership
- Essential Coaching Mindset and Beliefs
- Coaching for Behavior Change
- Coaching for Skill Development
- Coaching for Conflict Resolution
- Navigating Conflict Triangles
This is an intermediate level workshop for people who provide leadership formally or informally in workplace settings.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate self-awareness in their leadership style and recognize the impact of that style on the coaching relationship
- Utilize the adaptable coaching model for assisting employees to address unhealthy habits, develop skills, and resolve conflicts
- Understand the fundamentals of coaching others through disagreement and conflict, with attention to positioning themselves to create helpful movement