CTRI offers train-the-trainer programs in public and on-site format.
Public Train-the-Trainer – De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations™
Due to the high demand for this workshop and its relevance to many workplaces, CTRI offers a public train-the-trainer workshop three times a year.
On-site Train-the-Trainer – Other Workshops
Have a larger group of people to train. Some of CTRI workshops may be offered in a train-the-trainer format on-site – right at your location. Contact us to discuss the possibilities.
Upcoming Public Train-the-Trainer Programs
|May 29-31, 2018||Toronto, ON||Trainer: Mike Labun|
|Nov. 20-22, 2018||Edmonton, AB||Trainer: Mike Labun|
|Dec 3-5, 2018||Toronto, ON||Trainer: Mike Labun|
- How Train-the-Trainer Benefits Organizations
- Train-the-Trainer Program at a Glance
- Your Commitment
- Train-the-Trainer Workshop in Detail
- Workshop Outline
- The Ideal Train-the-Trainer Candidate
How Train-the-Trainer Benefits Organizations
Training an internal trainer to deliver this workshop both enhances organizational know-how and saves costs at the same time. Long term, for medium to large organizations, the train-the-trainer program is the most cost-effective method to train existing and new staff or volunteers. With a certified instructor on staff, organizations can offer as many workshops as needed throughout the year
Train-the-Trainer Program at a Glance
- Certification allows you to present this workshop only at your organization of employment
- Attendance at the 3-day Train-the-Trainer session required
*fees subject to change
|One time Fee:||$1500 Certification Fee — Early Registration – $1350|
|On-going Fees:||$100 Annual Recertification Fee|
|$20 Per Participant Manual Fee|
- You and your employer must sign an agreement that indicates acceptance of the commitments involved. View an example of a signed agreement. Please note that the registration process is not complete until we receive the agreement. Please mail it to us at your earliest convenience.
- Facilitate at least one training a year in order to maintain certification and purchase a print manual for each person attending.
- Present the workshop in a manner that is consistent with how CTRI presents the workshop.
- As materials are modified from time to time to make them more relevant and current, you will need to review and adapt these changes.
Train-the-Trainer Workshop in Detail
On the first day of the train-the-trainer program, participants will take the workshop as a participant. Day two begins with a question and answer session, followed by a review of important facilitation strategies and techniques. Future trainers will then begin preparing for their role in delivering a portion of the workshop. On day three each participant will present a section of the workshop.
|8:30-9:00AM||Public Workshop Registration and Sign-in|
|9:00-10:15AM||Trainers experience the workshop as a participant|
|4:15-4:30PM||Review agendas for days 2 and 3|
|9:00-10:15AM||Debrief of day 1 and Q & A|
|10:30-12:00PM||Facilitation strategies and techniques|
|1:00-2:30PM||Facilitation strategies and techniques|
|2:45-4:00PM||Individual coaching and preparation to present part of workshop|
|9:00-10:15AM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|10:30-12:00PM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|1:00-2:30PM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|2:45-3:30PM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|3:30-4:00PM||Final thoughts and Q & A|
The Ideal Train-the-Trainer Candidate
This workshop has been successfully delivered by CTRI Trainers for the past ten years. In addition to exceptional content in the De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations™ workshop, CTRI trainers are dynamic and engaging presenters. To benefit from the same quality of workshop that CTRI delivers, it is imperative that thoughtful consideration be given to who would make a good in-house trainer. Ideally they will have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An engaging and insightful speaker
- An above average knowledge about violence
- Previous teaching and group facilitation skills