CTRI offers train-the-trainer programs in public and on-site format.
Public Train-the-Trainer – De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations™
Due to the high demand for this workshop and its relevance to many workplaces, CTRI offers a public train-the-trainer workshop three times a year.
On-site Train-the-Trainer – Other Workshops
Have a larger group of people to train. Some of CTRI workshops may be offered in a train-the-trainer format on-site – right at your location. Contact us to discuss the possibilities.
Upcoming Public Train-the-Trainer Programs
How Train-the-Trainer Benefits Organizations
Long term, the train-the-trainer program is the most cost-effective method to train existing and new staff. With a certified instructor on staff, organizations can offer as many workshops as needed throughout the year.
Train-the-Trainer Program at a Glance
- Certification allows you to present this workshop only at your organization of employment
- Attendance at the three-day train-the-trainer session required
||$1500 Certification Fee — Early Registration — $1350
||$100 Annual Recertification Fee
*fees subject to change
||$20 Per Participant Manual Fee
- You and your employer must sign an agreement that indicates acceptance of the commitments involved. View an example of a signed agreement. Please note that the registration process is not complete until we receive the agreement. Please mail it to us at your earliest convenience.
- Facilitate at least one training a year in order to maintain certification.
- Present the workshop in a manner that is consistent with how CTRI presents the workshop.
- As materials are modified from time to time to make them more relevant and current, you will need to review and adapt these changes.
Train-the-Trainer Workshop in Detail
On the first day of the train-the-trainer program, participants will take the De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations workshop™. Day two begins with a question and answer session, followed by a detailed review of important workshop content. The day concludes with facilitation strategies, coaching, and preparation to present a portion of the workshop. On day three, each participant will present a section of the workshop
||Trainers experience the workshop as a participant
||Review agendas for days 2 and 3
||Debrief of day 1 and Q & A
||Review of workshop content combined with facilitation strategies
||Individual coaching and preparation to present part of workshop
||Participants take turns presenting the workshop
||Final thoughts and Q & A
The Ideal Train-the-Trainer Candidate
This workshop has been successfully delivered by CTRI Trainers for the past decade. In addition to exceptional content in the De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations™ workshop, CTRI trainers are dynamic and engaging presenters. To benefit from the same quality of workshops that CTRI delivers, it is imperative that thoughtful consideration be given to who would make a good in-house trainer. Ideally, they will have the following qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An engaging and insightful speaker
- An above average knowledge about violence
- Previous teaching and group facilitation skills