Gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and navigating identity and relationships can be challenging, especially if youth don’t feel safe and included. Youth often turn to friends and social media to find comfort, connection, strategies, and understanding, however they are left to their own devices to sift through endless information that can help shape their identity and affect their well-being. Through small and large group discussion, collaboration, and interactive exercises, youth will explore aspects of human sexuality that shape their identity as well as learn ways to build resilience and nurture safer, more inclusive environments.
All of our workshops for youth (ages 13–18) use age-appropriate learning methodologies including physical exercises, group activities, videos, personal reflection, and group discussion. Workshops are highly interactive in nature and trainers are both insightful and engaging.
Some of the Topics Included
- The Differences and Intersections of Sex, Gender, and Sexual Orientation
- How Gender Expectations Act as a Lens With Our Identity and Relationships
- Identifying Microaggressions
- Discrimination and How It Affects Well-Being
- Coming Out and Risks of Coming Out
- Steps to Supporting Those Considering Coming Out and Those Who Do Come Out
- Setting Boundaries With Social Relationships
- Self-Care Strategies and Fostering Resilience
- How to Be a Better Ally
- Creating Inclusive Environments