Given that the average person spends 60 percent of their time at work, our organizations play a pivotal role in how psychologically safe we feel. A workplace can either protect our psychological health or diminish it. A psychologically safe organization actively strives to both prevent psychological harm and actively boost psychological safety. This workshop provides an overview of the characteristics of a psychologically safe workplace and the roles of both the employee and employer in promoting psychological safety. Participants will explore the 13 factors proven to impact the well-being of employees and learn strategies that they can implement in their own organization to enhance psychological safety.
Offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included:
- The 13 Factors That Impact Psychological Safety
- Benefits of Promoting Psychological Safety
- How Employees Can Support Psychological Safety
- How Organizations Can Implement Psychologically Safe Practices
- Assessing Your Organization’s Psychological Safety
This is an intermediate level workshop applicable to both managers and employees.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
- Examine the 13 factors that impact the well-being of employees in the workplace
- Develop strategies participants can use to implement the 13 factors in their own workplaces
- Assess the actions an employee can take to promote their own psychological safety
- Assess the actions employers can take to foster psychological safety in their organizations