Handling difficult interactions on the phone is a challenging task, especially if the caller is in a heightened state of emotion. For many, the ability to navigate difficult phone conversations with respect and professionalism is an essential workplace skill. This workshop is designed to provide practical strategies for dealing with clients and customers over the phone who are in a heightened emotional state. Participants will learn over-the-phone techniques for de-escalating anger, resolving conflict, and communicating effectively.
This workshop is presented by ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- The Complexity of Phone Communication
- Qualities of a Skilled Communicator
- Key Skills for the Phone – Tone, Volume, and Inflection
- Communication Style Test
- Practical Tips for Calming the Distressed Person
- Identifying and Prioritizing Issues Raised
- Delivering Bad News
- Effective Notetaking
- Politely Ending the Conversation
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Apply effective listening skills to enhance understanding
- Support emotionally heightened clients over the phone
- Problem-solve with clients for best outcomes
- Demonstrate a plan for delivering bad news