Essential leadership skills and competencies often mean the difference between thriving or failing in a leadership role. This workshop is designed to help new or existing leaders increase their abilities to lead teams. Participants will gain skills to engage others, assess team dynamics, make better decisions, and to improve trust and influence with those they are leading. At the completion of this workshop participants will be equipped with tools for their own development as a leader and to motivate their team to action.
This workshop is offered through ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance.
About This Workshop
- The Meaning of Leadership
- Leadership Vision – The Path to Engagement
- How to Motivate People
- What Great Leaders Do
- Leadership Assessment
- Key Leadership Competencies
- Tools for Assessing Team Dynamics and Health
- How to Define Team Purpose and Mission
- Decision Making Processes
- Leading Team Meetings
- Dealing with Team Conflict as a Leader
Method of Delivery
Lecture, self-reflection, video, small group discussions and case study review