A compassionate and trauma-informed approach to leadership is essential for creating healthy workplace cultures. Trauma is prevalent in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including staff and colleagues. This workshop explores how to lead with a trauma-informed approach and provides key insights for increasing psychological safety and creating greater resilience for all parts of an organization. Becoming a trauma-informed workplace creates a sustainable foundation that leads to high levels of employee engagement and organizational success. This training will inspire participants to lead with compassion and provide compelling rationale for why all leaders should be trauma-informed.
Some of the Topics Included
- Understanding the Impact of Trauma in the Workplace
- Characteristics of a Trauma-Informed Leader
- Trauma-Informed Workplace Assessment
- 5 Principles of Trauma-Informed Workplaces
- Promote Knowledge of Trauma
- Recognize Traumatic Impact
- Foster Safety and Trust
- Provide Opportunities for Choice and Voice
- Highlight Strengths and Resilience
- Leadership’s Role in Championing These Principles
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop for leaders, managers, supervisors, and anyone providing leadership within organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma within workplaces
- List guiding principles for incorporating a trauma-informed approach within the workplace
- Describe steps for creating safer work settings
- Design an action plan for trauma-informed goals