Core/mandatory workshops include:
- Brief Focused Counselling Skills – Strategies From Leading Frameworks
- Anxiety – Practical Intervention Strategies
- Depression – Practical Intervention Strategies
- Addictions and Mental Health – Strategies for Complex Issues
- Harm Reduction – A Framework for Change, Choice, and Control
- Motivational Interviewing – Strategies for Supporting Change
Elective workshops, chosen in consultation with CTRI, make up the additional hours of training you need to reach 60 hours. Suggested elective workshops to complete this certificate are: Mental Health Awareness and Support, Mindfulness Counselling Strategies, Trauma – Counselling Strategies for Healing and Resilience, Trauma-Informed Care, and Suicide Intervention Skills. You can find all our available workshop topics here.
*There are additional workshops that meet the requirements of the Certificate in Mental Health
Counselling Skills. Please speak to us about customizing the program to fit your needs.
How it Works